The reading period for the next issue of In Parentheses is currently open! We are accepting submissions for our next issue which will be released on April 15th, 2020. As of this writing, there are still few spots remaining for the following categories:
- Creative Prose: IP is looking for pieces that extend the contours of the human imagination. Please format all prose to a .doc file, single-spaced, in 10pt or 12pt font. The word limit is strictly 1000 words and please note the following: No pieces exceeding the 1000 word count will be accepted.
- Editorial: IP is looking for critical and analytical pieces which would fall into the following categories: World News, History, Review, Science, or Opinion. Please format all prose to a .doc file, single-spaced, in 10pt or 12pt font. The word limit is strictly 800 words and please note the following: No pieces exceeding the 800 word count will be accepted.
- Multimedia Submissions: If you would like to make a multimedia submission to IP, please send us an email directly with a brief description of the type of media.
Please contact us directly at inparenthesesx[at]gmail[.]com for any inquiries regarding current or past submissions. While all submissions will be read FREE OF CHARGE, we have enabled an option to submit an add-on payment with your submission in order to receive a copy the Spring Issue of In Parentheses Magazine once it is released. NOTEWORTHY:
- We are a small independent press. This limits us from being able to offer our published artists anything for free. We use MagCloud for our print-on-demand services.
- If we accept your submission, we may publish some or all parts of the enclosed files.
- In some cases, we will hold part of your submission for inclusion in our blog archive to be featured: https://inparenthesesmag.wordpress.com/
- If we decline your submission, please feel free to submit new works for the same period or a future period.
- We are a quarterly magazine.
- If we accept your submission for the print magazine, your pieces will be formatted to fit the page size and style. Please notify us if your work must be published a certain way.